At Claudette Baker's Healing Center we are committed to excellence in providing natural and safe health care in partnership with those who seek our services. We provide expert, compassionate, effective, and unique care in a peaceful environment and are dedicated to teaching each person practical and attainable strategies to regain and maintain optimal health, vitality and resilience.
Claudette, a Licensed Acupuncturist , is Board Certified in Oriental Medicine, utilizing acupuncture, herbs, nutritional counseling, essential oils and other modalities.
· Is one of the Midwest’s most senior and respected practitioners of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
· In addition to graduating at the top of her class in 1985, completed a traditional Chinese Herbal tutorial with her mentor from China, who was licensed in both western and Oriental Medicine
· Is a pioneer and founder of Oriental Medicine In the Unites States and has received multiple awards for passing acupuncture legislation in Illinois
· Is highly successful in getting to the underlying cause of issues that have not been resolved by other practitioners
· Has spent years studying Functional Neurology and Functional Medicine with Dr. Datis Kharrazian
· Has been supporting patients with Integrative Oncology for 30 years
· Has a high success rate in helping women to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy
· Treats hormonal imbalances in women and men
· Is trained in orthopedic acupuncture
· Studies Functional Medicine and Nutrition with Apex Seminars
· Treats digestive disorders, migraines, stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, weight loss, smoking cessation, and unexplained conditions
· Sees children and teens for a variety of problems including allergies, anxiety and digestive disorders
· Uses needle-less modalities for children and very sensitive people
· Is trained in therapeutic essential oil therapy
Our bodies are quite adept at repairing themselves with the right tools. We use modalities such as Chinese herbs, acupuncture, laser therapy, micro current, and cupping.
It is well known that many illnesses are caused by unremitting stress, toxins in our environment and food supply. Avoiding manufactured ingredients and pesticides reduces the harmful substances entering our bodies. Replacing them with cleaner, more organically grown food and natural plant remedies aids the body in healing itself and preventing future disease.
Oriental Medicine is the oldest, continuous system of healing and has been practiced and refined in Asia for more than 3,000 years. According to the World Health Organization, Oriental (or East Asian) Medicine, is utilized by more people worldwide than any other form of medicine or healing. It is designed to determine and treat the underlying cause(s) of disease that leads to pain and countless symptoms and conditions.
Although sometimes referred to as 'alternative' or 'complimentary,' Oriental Medicine is not 'experimental.' In fact, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) considers acupuncture to be mainstream based on the hundreds of NIH-sponsored research studies that show acupuncture to be safe and effective.
Oriental Medicine is the big brother to the Western world’s ‘Functional Medicine’, and together they complement each other beautifully, as both forms of medicine seek to determine the underlying cause of imbalances for each individual. With this customized approach in health care, the proper treatments can be given to each person to restore optimal function and health.